In contrast to the foliage of the plant, which some uncharitable people say stinks of bugs, coriander seeds have a very pleasant smell. The reason for this is the essential oils it contains. These are apparent in the fresh, citrus-like taste and smell.
Coriander is very versatile and goes well with pulses (beans, peas, lentils), (raw) fish, poultry, lamb, carrots and lots of other things.
Coriander echtöl: The No. 1 in our oil family.
Using a special oil press for spices, we obtain one of the purest and most natural spice essences, which can be derived from the coriander seed. Our cold-pressed/native coriander oil is a fresh spice oil for Asian, oriental and other favourite dishes. It is entirely made up of the so-called ‘fat oil’ contained in the coriander seed. This itself contains the aromatic essential oil and is excellently suited to seasoning in this natural form.
- easy to measure, accurate seasoning
- very rich in flavor, zesty and powerful aroma (only a few drops necessary)
- flexibly adds seasoning (per plate) – because not everyone likes coriander ;-)
- adds flavor immediately – no need to cook up for a long time
- no annoying pieces of coriander in the food
- saves time (no mortar, roasting etc.)
Recipes with coriander echtöl
LENTIL SALAD WITH CORIANDER
125 g beluga lentils
1 bay leaf
2 medium carrots
3 stalks of celery
about 6 pitted dates
1/2 bunch of parsley
mustard (black current)
fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
6-9 drops of coriander echtöl
a small pinch of cumin
salt and pepper
1. Boil lentils with the bay leaf in unsalted water until tender.
2. Finely chop the remaining ingredients (carrots, celery, dates) and lightly sauté with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Cut the parsley and mix with lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper and stir together until it turns into a vinaigrette.
Finishing touch: Mix all ingredients together and season to taste with coriander echtöl.
Tip: First, start with 6 drops and gradually increase the amount of coriander echtöl until you get the exact and desired amount of flavoring.
DOWNLOAD OUR COMPLETE RECIPE BOOK AS A PDF FILE